25

Sep

2013

Octopus

I am moving along with this project. Since creating the crown I have completed the copper part of the body, fabricating and welding it together from multiple pieces. The eyes have been lathe turned from brass bar and silver soldered in place, the eye apertures will be filled with resin to blank them off. I have sourced wood for the legs and fitted them into the bespoke cups which are screw fixed from beneath. The wood I have used here is spalted Ivy  from a long dead apple tree. The next stage is to create the webbing that goes between the legs. More pics soon.

Share Button
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,
Posted in: Work in progress / No Comments »

Leave a Reply